Children Who Kill 26.11.2000
Below are just some of the topics we will explore during the 60-minute online masterclass.
Nothing stirs our emotions more than a child/children who commit murder. It immediately conjures up some questions:-
- Why did they do it?
- Where were the parents?
- Where did the violence stem from?
- What are the punishments?
- At what age does a child know "right from wrong"?
All these questions will be answered during the 1 Hour Experience.
This is what will be covered:-
- Why do children kill? – What is it that makes a child kill?
- What type of victims tend to be selected and what is the scale of the problem? we-will examine the victimology and look briefly at the scale of the problem
- What breeds violence in a child? The psychology is both fascinating and controversial. For instance, does it follow that watching violence media automatic breeds violence in children?
- Famous cases and the problems associated with them- these types of cases are some difficult to prosecute and the law is complex. We will unravel it through notable cases
The experience will be delivered by Steve Gaskin a former Murder Squad Detective Chief Inspector at New Scotland Yard. He is also an adviser to BBC Silent Witness and a forensic psychologist.
Duration: 60 minutes
How It Runs: You will receive a link to follow online, ready for the video call. We use the online platform "Zoom" to deliver our experiences. You will be able to see and hear Steve during his talk. There will also be the opportunity to post questions (and time dependant, Steve may be able to answer these). You will need to install the plugin or app, please make sure you "test" this at least 10 minutes before the call is due to begin, to ensure you don't miss the start.
This is the perfect experience to share with friends! Make sure you invite your friends and family to also join the activity (so you can chat for months about it afterwards!)
- Book your online Funzing Talk from our exciting range
- Make sure you have the date and time in your diary!
- Grab a drink and get comfy in your favourite spot in the house
- Make sure you have a good digital device/strong internet connection (phone, laptop, tablet), we often recommend headphones too to block out other noise distractions
- Follow the link to access the Zoom, where you will be listening
- Immersive yourself in the talk (and maybe even ask questions)
- Share your experience with others!
This is an online masterclass, and you will not be required to attend a venue.
We look forward to welcoming you to Crime & Wine! Strictly adults only.
Our digital masterclasses "CrimeOnline" are the perfect way to engage with Ex-Scotland Yard, and Murder Squad Detective Steve Gaskin.
So get comfy as it's time for Crime & Wine, an informal online insight into why children kill
25 years of criminal investigation has brought Steve (Ex-Scotland Yard Detective) into close contact with some of these distressing cases.
We are delighted our Funzing customers has rated us so highly-thanks